OPEN DATA is a complete and current collection of information about local spatial development plans binding for the city of Gliwice. They are available:
- in an effective way (e.g. with a use of dedicated portals and services) – and also used for variety of purposes, including economic purpose;
- in a steady way, without any unnecessary obstacles;
- without limitations, e.g. because of permissions, privilege of a certain group of people etc.;
- in a possibly least processed way (not in an aggregated or modified form);
- in open data formats;
- in such a form so they can be read automatically.
Openness of the public data is the base for the modern city management, especially for:
- transparent decision-making,
- social participation,
- creation of new values and innovations by entrepreneurs and non-governmental organization (including new services).